Embellish™ Fusible Bold Tearaway is for use to support large or dense embroidery on woven fabrics such as cotton, duck cloth, twill, denim or towels. One layer will support approximately 10,000 embroidery stitches. Use this fusible version to prevent stretching while hooping your fabric. The added fusible prevents the fabric from shifting while embroidering, resulting in perfect outline stitches.
Embellish™ Fusible Bold Tearaway features a multi-directional tear capability, easily pulling away clean from the embroidery design for a crisp look on the front and back. Also available in a non-fusible version.
To use Embellish™ Fusible Bold Tearaway:
- Fuse one layer of the stabilizer to the back of the fabric/item. Be sure to use a piece at least one inch larger than the outer parameter of the hoop to insure proper stabilization. *Important – Use a low temp (Silk Setting) on your iron. Do NOT touch the surface of your iron to Embellish™ Fusible Bold Tearaway , press from the fabric side or use a press cloth (muslin or cotton).
- Hoop the stabilized fabric. Try to achieve “tight as a drum” tension.
- Embroider the design. *Tip – If the design is denser than 10,000 stitches, over-sized or if it is a poorly digitized design (too many stitches for design size), float an additional layer of Embellish™ Bold Tearaway (non-fusible) between the hoop and the bed of the machine for each additional 10,000 stitches for added support!
- Remove the hoop from the machine and from the garment.
- Tear away as much of the stabilizer as possible. If the iron temperature was too hot during the fusing process it may be necessary to re-heat the stabilizer in order to make it release from the fabric.
**NOTE: All irons heat differently. The iron temperature given above is a starting point. If you find that you are not getting a good fuse, slowly increase your irons temperature until you achieve a good bond between the fabric and stabilizer.